Don't forget to check the manual: https://bitbucket.org/wolfpld/tracy/downloads/tracy.pdf
This is the last release which will be able to load pre-v0.4 traces. Use the
update utility to convert your old traces now!
- Major decrease of trace dump file size.
- Major optimizations across the board.
- Vcpkg is now used for library management on Windows.
- Display dump file size change in the update utility.
- Added notification area.
- Display trace loading time.
- Display background processing tasks after trace is loaded.
- Display trace save notification.
- Show crash icon, if there was a crash.
- Added C API.
- Profiling session may now gracefully terminate, due to incorrect
instrumentation. A popup with termination reason will be displayed.
- Call stack improvements.
- Call stack frames now have a proper source file and file line
information on Linux.
- Single call stack frame may now have multiple entries, representing
inlined function calls.
- Call stack grouping in the find zone menu now has a special display
- Call stack memory allocations tree improvements:
- Add top-down variant to complement the previously available bottom-up
- Add ability to group tree nodes by function name.
- Allow restricting tree to display only active allocations.
- Added support for Lua call stack capture.
- Self time of zones may be now displayed in the find zone menu.
- Added ability to disconnect from a client.
- Find zone groups can now be sorted by mean time per call.
- Zones displayed in the find zone menu can be now grouped by order of
appearance, execution time or name.
- Time is now displayed without trailing fractional zeros (e.g. "2.5 ms"
instead of "2.50 ms").
- Child zones displayed in zone info window can be now grouped by source
- Selected or hovered lock is now highlighted on the timeline.
- Locks are now grouped into single and multithreaded (contended and
uncontended) in the options menu locks list.
- On broken platforms the profiler can now be initialized as needed (and
possible), taking a performance and functionality hit.
- User experience improvements in the graphical profiler.
- Thread position and height is now animated, to eliminate flickering that
was happening when depth of displayed zones was changing.
- Zooming in/out using the mouse wheel is now animated.
- Plot range adjustment is now animated.
- Various other UI improvements.
- System CPU usage is now being monitored.
- Threads that have nothing to display in the current view are now hidden by
- Dimmed-out the timeline outside the profiling area.
- Source file view can now be opened also from statistics menu.
- Display standard deviation in find zone and compare traces menus.
- Display zone messages in zone information window.
- Display order of threads can be changed in the options menu.
- Prevent deadlocks by querying socket send buffer size.
- Frame set statistics can be now limited to frames visible on the screen.
- Messages can be now colored.
- Zone selection in compare traces menu can be now linked to the other
- Added support for frame image (screen shot) storage.
- Implemented ability to cut off outliers on histograms.
- Zone or frame that is currently hovered by the mouse cursor will be
highlighted on the histogram.
- Server now displays available clients in the local network.
- Source code whitespace visibility can now be enabled or disabled.
- Profiler will now check if proper timer readings can be performed on
- Application can now log app-specific information, similarly to how the
host info reports system information.
- Message list will automatically scroll down to the most recent message.
- Feature will disable when the list is scrolled by user.
- To re-enable, scroll to the bottom of the list.
- Message list can be now filtered.
- A notification popup will be displayed during trace cleanup.
- Source file view won't be available if a source file is newer than the
- Added ability to set custom trace descriptions.
- Added frame time target lines.
- FPS counts are now displayed next to frame times.
- GPU drift value can be now automatically measured.
- Connection window is now a popup hidden under a dedicated button.
- Active frame set can be now switched by clicking on a frame set on the
- Add ability to go to a specified frame.
- Most commonly used addresses can be now selected from the drop-down menu.
- Fixed corner case problem with profiler initialization on Windows.
- Added third state (stopped) to the pause/resume button. It will be used
after the connection to the client is terminated.
- Active trace can be discarded.
- Call stack capture may be forced through TRACY_CALLSTACK define.
- Lock info window has been added.
- Time of lock creation and termination is now being tracked.
- Menu bar buttons are now toggles that can also close their corresponding
- Find zone and compare menu improvements.
- Ability to ignore case during search.
- Pressing enter key will now start search, just like pressing the "find"
- Using the ^F keyboard shortcut will open the find zone menu and focus
the input box.
- Added ability to automatically connect to an IP address in the graphical
profiler application (use "-a address" argument to enable).
- Pressing enter key after entering client address in the welcome dialog
will now automatically begin connection process.